Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stacks

Once again I've moved into my stacks...

Books everywhere.

I do something at our church each Summer that has proven to be helpful.  I teach a large adult Sunday School class, giving our teachers a much deserved break.  It is my way of giving them a gift to be able to enjoy their Summer and families a little bit more. 

Bend, Oregon (where I live) is a beautiful place.  It is a wonderful place to raise a family and enjoy great weather and outdoor amenities.  As it turns out, it is also a great place for all of our family and friends who live outside of the area to come and visit.  Not that any of us are complaining, it IS a great spot on the planet.  All we ask is that when you come, you help us out by bringing LOTS of money to spend in our restaurants and attractions so it will further help us recover from a devastating (in Bend) recession.  Come one, come all, but please bring lots of loot...

Commercial over.

Back to the books.  My subject this Summer at Faith in this class is, "Our Coming World: Chaos, Crisis and the Coming Fulfillment of Bible Prophecy."  Basically I will be using a range of resources to put together a curriculum that will feature such topics as end time prophecy, the American Christian church culture and the rise of Islam.  It should be a tremendous study, equipping hearers to look for the signs of the times and have knowledge of what the Bible says about such things.

I really enjoy the study of Bible prophecy.  The fact is if we remove prophecy from our Bibles, it would be one-third lighter.  That's why it is so remarkable to think about how few people are involved in prophetic study.

And so, the stacks on my desk abound...

If you live in Central Oregon and do not regularly attend a church, you're invited to Faith Christian Center in Bend at 9:30 AM Sunday mornings.  We'd love to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment